find us on facebook

1322 Railroad Ave Bellingham, WA, 98225

Hours: Closed Until Further Notice

                 

 

Hohl Feed & Seed provided a wide variety of products and services for farmers, gardeners and pet owners of Whatcom County, Washington for 118 years. On February 18, 2019 the Spokane building, which housed Hohl Feed and Seed, suffered a disasterous fire due to arson. We want to thank everyone in the community for their outpouring of support and kindness and encourage you to visit our Facebook page for further details.

 

Historical Photos of Hohl Feed and Seed

 

1901 Invoices...

Geo. J. Hohl & Co. - First Store in Fairhaven...

Lilly Seed Co. and Hohl Feed & Seed in 1922...

Garden Catalog and Calendar from 1934...

Hohl Feed & Seed in the 50's...

63 Years of Service to Whatcom County...

Celebrating 91 years...

Hohl Feed & Seed today...

Hohl Feed and Seed's 110th anniversary Celebration!!!

 

Provided below is an excerpt from an article written by Mary Peeples, Western Washington University student...

"The original store was opened in 1901 by George J. Hohl in the Waldron Building in Fairhaven. The company sold flour from the first flour mill in Bellingham and fruit and farm produce on commission in addition to feed hay and seeds.

George Hohl was also mayor of Fairhaven in 1901 and fought a vigorous campaign to outlaw gambling in town, bemoaning the dissipation of young men whose efforts could be better served by working in local businesses.

The business moved to the foot of Taylor Ave. as Bellingham Flour Mills, to Roeder Ave in 1912 as Whatcom Flour and Feed Co., finally coming to its present site at 1322 Railroad in 1922 as Hohl Feed & Seed."

Read the complete article: Hohl Feed and Seed by Mary Peeples

Read the Oct., 2002 article: 100 Years of Business - Hohl Feed and Seed